• Bordering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Border
• Border Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make a border for; to furnish with a border, as for ornament; as, to border a garment or a garden.
- (v. i.) To touch at the edge or boundary; to be contiguous or adjacent; -- with on or upon as, Connecticut borders on Massachusetts.
- (v. i.) To approach; to come near to; to verge.
- (n.) The outer part or edge of anything, as of a garment, a garden, etc.; margin; verge; brink.
- (n.) A boundary; a frontier of a state or of the settled part of a country; a frontier district.
- (v. t.) To confine within bounds; to limit.
- (n.) A strip or stripe arranged along or near the edge of something, as an ornament or finish.
- (v. t.) To be, or to have, contiguous to; to touch, or be touched, as by a border; to be, or to have, near the limits or boundary; as, the region borders a forest, or is bordered on the north by a forest.
- (n.) A narrow flower bed.