• Bosom Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To inclose or carry in the bosom; to keep with care; to take to heart; to cherish.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the bosom.
- (a.) Intimate; confidential; familiar; trusted; cherished; beloved; as, a bosom friend.
- (n.) The breast, considered as the seat of the passions, affections, and operations of the mind; consciousness; secret thoughts.
- (n.) Any thing or place resembling the breast; a supporting surface; an inner recess; the interior; as, the bosom of the earth.
- (n.) Inclination; desire.
- (v. t.) To conceal; to hide from view; to embosom.
- (n.) The breast of a human being; the part, between the arms, to which anything is pressed when embraced by them.
- (n.) The part of the dress worn upon the breast; an article, or a portion of an article, of dress to be worn upon the breast; as, the bosom of a shirt; a linen bosom.
- (n.) A depression round the eye of a millstone.
- (n.) Embrace; loving or affectionate inclosure; fold.
• Bosomed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having, or resembling, bosom; kept in the bosom; hidden.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bosom
• Bosoming Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bosom