• Botany Definition & Synonyms
- (a. & n.) The science which treats of the structure of plants, the functions of their parts, their places of growth, their classification, and the terms which are employed in their description and denomination. See Plant.
- (a. & n.) A book which treats of the science of botany.
• Botany Bay Definition & Synonyms
- () A harbor on the east coast of Australia, and an English convict settlement there; -- so called from the number of new plants found on its shore at its discovery by Cook in 1770.