• Bounce Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Bluster; brag; untruthful boasting; audacious exaggeration; an impudent lie; a bouncer.
- (v. t.) To drive against anything suddenly and violently; to bump; to thump.
- (v. t.) To bully; to scold.
- (n.) A dogfish of Europe (Scyllium catulus).
- (v. t.) To cause to bound or rebound; sometimes, to toss.
- (n.) An explosion, or the noise of one.
- (v. i.) To leap or spring suddenly or unceremoniously; to bound; as, she bounced into the room.
- (v. t.) To eject violently, as from a room; to discharge unceremoniously, as from employment.
- (v. i.) To boast; to talk big; to bluster.
- (v. i.) To strike or thump, so as to rebound, or to make a sudden noise; a knock loudly.
- (n.) A heavy, sudden, and often noisy, blow or thump.
- (n.) A sudden leap or bound; a rebound.
- (adv.) With a sudden leap; suddenly.
• Bouncer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bold lie; also, a liar.
- (n.) One who bounces; a large, heavy person who makes much noise in moving.
- (n.) Something big; a good stout example of the kind.
- (n.) A boaster; a bully.