• Bowl Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To roll, as a bowl or cricket ball.
- (n.) Specifically, a drinking vessel for wine or other spirituous liquors; hence, convivial drinking.
- (v. t.) To pelt or strike with anything rolled.
- (v. i.) To play with bowls.
- (n.) A ball of wood or other material used for rolling on a level surface in play; a ball of hard wood having one side heavier than the other, so as to give it a bias when rolled.
- (n.) The contents of a full bowl; what a bowl will hold.
- (n.) A concave vessel of various forms (often approximately hemispherical), to hold liquids, etc.
- (v. t.) To roll or carry smoothly on, or as on, wheels; as, we were bowled rapidly along the road.
- (v. i.) To move rapidly, smoothly, and like a ball; as, the carriage bowled along.
- (n.) The hollow part of a thing; as, the bowl of a spoon.
- (n.) An ancient game, popular in Great Britain, played with biased balls on a level plat of greensward.
- (v. i.) To roll a ball on a plane, as at cricket, bowls, etc.
- (n.) The game of tenpins or bowling.
• Bowl-legged Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having crooked legs, esp. with the knees bent outward.