• Breach Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A breaking of waters, as over a vessel; the waters themselves; surge; surf.
- (n.) A hernia; a rupture.
- (n.) A breaking up of amicable relations; rupture.
- (n.) Specifically: A breaking or infraction of a law, or of any obligation or tie; violation; non-fulfillment; as, a breach of contract; a breach of promise.
- (n.) A bruise; a wound.
- (n.) The act of breaking, in a figurative sense.
- (v. t.) To make a breach or opening in; as, to breach the walls of a city.
- (n.) A gap or opening made made by breaking or battering, as in a wall or fortification; the space between the parts of a solid body rent by violence; a break; a rupture.
- (v. i.) To break the water, as by leaping out; -- said of a whale.
- (n.) A breaking out upon; an assault.
• Breachy Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Apt to break fences or to break out of pasture; unruly; as, breachy cattle.
• Breached Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Breach