• Brew Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To foment or prepare, as by brewing; to contrive; to plot; to concoct; to hatch; as, to brew mischief.
- (v. t.) To boil or seethe; to cook.
- (v. i.) To be in a state of preparation; to be mixing, forming, or gathering; as, a storm brews in the west.
- (v. t.) To prepare, as beer or other liquor, from malt and hops, or from other materials, by steeping, boiling, and fermentation.
- (v. t.) To prepare by steeping and mingling; to concoct.
- (n.) The mixture formed by brewing; that which is brewed.
- (v. i.) To attend to the business, or go through the processes, of brewing or making beer.
• Brewery Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A brewhouse; the building and apparatus where brewing is carried on.
• Brewis Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Bread soaked in broth, drippings of roast meat, milk, or water and butter.
- (n.) Broth or pottage.