• Brewing Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quantity brewed at once.
- (n.) A gathering or forming of a storm or squall, indicated by thick, dark clouds.
- (n.) A mixing together.
- (n.) The act or process of preparing liquors which are brewed, as beer and ale.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Brew
• Brew Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To foment or prepare, as by brewing; to contrive; to plot; to concoct; to hatch; as, to brew mischief.
- (v. t.) To boil or seethe; to cook.
- (v. i.) To be in a state of preparation; to be mixing, forming, or gathering; as, a storm brews in the west.
- (v. t.) To prepare, as beer or other liquor, from malt and hops, or from other materials, by steeping, boiling, and fermentation.
- (v. t.) To prepare by steeping and mingling; to concoct.
- (n.) The mixture formed by brewing; that which is brewed.
- (v. i.) To attend to the business, or go through the processes, of brewing or making beer.