• Bridle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The head gear with which a horse is governed and restrained, consisting of a headstall, a bit, and reins, with other appendages.
- (n.) The piece in the interior of a gun lock, which holds in place the tumbler, sear, etc.
- (v. i.) To hold up the head, and draw in the chin, as an expression of pride, scorn, or resentment; to assume a lofty manner; -- usually with up.
- (n.) A mooring hawser.
- (v. t.) To put a bridle upon; to equip with a bridle; as, to bridle a horse.
- (n.) A span of rope, line, or chain made fast as both ends, so that another rope, line, or chain may be attached to its middle.
- (v. t.) To restrain, guide, or govern, with, or as with, a bridle; to check, curb, or control; as, to bridle the passions; to bridle a muse.
- (n.) A restraint; a curb; a check.
• Bridled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bridle
• Bridler Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who bridles; one who restrains and governs, as with a bridle.