• Bristling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bristle
• Bristle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To fix a bristle to; as, to bristle a thread.
- (v. t.) To erect the bristles of; to cause to stand up, as the bristles of an angry hog; -- sometimes with up.
- (v. i.) To show defiance or indignation.
- (v. i.) To rise or stand erect, like bristles.
- (n.) A stiff, sharp, roundish hair.
- (v. i.) To appear as if covered with bristles; to have standing, thick and erect, like bristles.
- (n.) A short, stiff, coarse hair, as on the back of swine.