• Broken Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Separated into parts or pieces by violence; divided into fragments; as, a broken chain or rope; a broken dish.
- (v. t.) Fractured; cracked; disunited; sundered; strained; apart; as, a broken reed; broken friendship.
- (v. t.) Crushed and ruined as by something that destroys hope; blighted.
- (v. t.) Imperfectly spoken, as by a foreigner; as, broken English; imperfectly spoken on account of emotion; as, to say a few broken words at parting.
- (p. p.) of Break
- (v. t.) Subjugated; trained for use, as a horse.
- (v. t.) Disconnected; not continuous; also, rough; uneven; as, a broken surface.
- (v. t.) Not carried into effect; not adhered to; violated; as, a broken promise, vow, or contract; a broken law.
- (v. t.) Ruined financially; incapable of redeeming promises made, or of paying debts incurred; as, a broken bank; a broken tradesman.
- (v. t.) Subdued; humbled; contrite.
- (v. t.) Made infirm or weak, by disease, age, or hardships.
• Broken wind Definition & Synonyms
- () The heaves.