• Browned Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Brown
• Brown Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make brown by scorching slightly; as, to brown meat or flour.
- (superl.) Of a dark color, of various shades between black and red or yellow.
- (v. t.) To give a bright brown color to, as to gun barrels, by forming a thin coat of oxide on their surface.
- (v. t.) To make brown or dusky.
- (v. i.) To become brown.
- (n.) A dark color inclining to red or yellow, resulting from the mixture of red and black, or of red, black, and yellow; a tawny, dusky hue.