• Buccan Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A wooden frame or grid for roasting, smoking, or drying meat over fire.
- (n.) Buccaned meat.
- (n.) A place where meat is smoked.
- (v. t.) To expose (meat) in strips to fire and smoke upon a buccan.
• Buccaneer Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To act the part of a buccaneer; to live as a piratical adventurer or sea robber.
- (n.) A robber upon the sea; a pirate; -- a term applied especially to the piratical adventurers who made depredations on the Spaniards in America in the 17th and 18th centuries.
, Sea robber
, Sea rover