• Bucket Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A vessel for drawing up water from a well, or for catching, holding, or carrying water, sap, or other liquids.
- (n.) A vessel (as a tub or scoop) for hoisting and conveying coal, ore, grain, etc.
- (n.) The valved piston of a lifting pump.
- (n.) One of the receptacles on the rim of a water wheel into which the water rushes, causing the wheel to revolve; also, a float of a paddle wheel.
- (v. t.) To pour over from a bucket; to drench.
- (v. t.) To draw or lift in, or as if in, buckets; as, to bucket water.
- (v. t.) To ride (a horse) hard or mercilessly.
- (v. t.) To make, or cause to make (the recovery), with a certain hurried or unskillful forward swing of the body.
• Buckety Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Paste used by weavers to dress their webs.
• Bucketing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bucket