• Buckra Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) White; white mans; strong; good; as, buckra yam, a white yam.
- (n.) A white man; -- a term used by negroes of the African coast, West Indies, etc.
• Buckram Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Made of buckram; as, a buckram suit.
- (n.) A coarse cloth of linen or hemp, stiffened with size or glue, used in garments to keep them in the form intended, and for wrappers to cover merchandise.
- (v. t.) To strengthen with buckram; to make stiff.
- (n.) A plant. See Ramson.
- (a.) Stiff; precise.