• Bunting Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Buntine
- (n.) A bird of the genus Emberiza, or of an allied genus, related to the finches and sparrows (family Fringillidae).
• Bunt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To swell out; as, the sail bunts.
- (n.) A fungus (Ustilago foetida) which affects the ear of cereals, filling the grains with a fetid dust; -- also called pepperbrand.
- (v. t. & i.) To strike or push with the horns or head; to butt; as, the ram bunted the boy.
- (n.) The middle part, cavity, or belly of a sail; the part of a furled sail which is at the center of the yard.
- (n.) the act of bunting the ball.
- (n.) A push or shove; a butt;
- (v. t. & i.) To bat or tap (the ball) slowly within the infield by meeting it with the bat without swinging at it.