• Burlesque Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To ridicule, or to make ludicrous by grotesque representation in action or in language.
- (n.) A ludicrous imitation; a caricature; a travesty; a gross perversion.
- (n.) An ironical or satirical composition intended to excite laughter, or to ridicule anything.
- (a.) Tending to excite laughter or contempt by extravagant images, or by a contrast between the subject and the manner of treating it, as when a trifling subject is treated with mock gravity; jocular; ironical.
- (n.) Ludicrous representation; exaggerated parody; grotesque satire.
- (v. i.) To employ burlesque.
• Burlesqued Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Burlesque
• Burlesquer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who burlesques.