• Burnish Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To shine forth; to brighten; to become smooth and glossy, as from swelling or filling out; hence, to grow large.
- (n.) The effect of burnishing; gloss; brightness; luster.
- (a.) To cause to shine; to make smooth and bright; to polish; specifically, to polish by rubbing with something hard and smooth; as, to burnish brass or paper.
• Burnisher Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tool with a hard, smooth, rounded end or surface, as of steel, ivory, or agate, used in smoothing or polishing by rubbing. It has a variety of forms adapted to special uses.
- (n.) One who burnishes.
• Burnished Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Burnish