• Bury Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A manor house; a castle.
- (n.) A borough; a manor; as, the Bury of St. Edmonds
- (v. t.) Specifically: To cover out of sight, as the body of a deceased person, in a grave, a tomb, or the ocean; to deposit (a corpse) in its resting place, with funeral ceremonies; to inter; to inhume.
- (v. t.) To hide in oblivion; to put away finally; to abandon; as, to bury strife.
- (v. t.) To cover out of sight, either by heaping something over, or by placing within something, as earth, etc.; to conceal by covering; to hide; as, to bury coals in ashes; to bury the face in the hands.
• Burying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bury