• Business Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which busies one, or that which engages the time, attention, or labor of any one, as his principal concern or interest, whether for a longer or shorter time; constant employment; regular occupation; as, the business of life; business before pleasure.
- (n.) Financial dealings; buying and selling; traffic in general; mercantile transactions.
- (n.) Care; anxiety; diligence.
- (n.) That which one has to do or should do; special service, duty, or mission.
- (n.) The position, distribution, and order of persons and properties on the stage of a theater, as determined by the stage manager in rehearsal.
- (n.) Any particular occupation or employment engaged in for livelihood or gain, as agriculture, trade, art, or a profession.
- (n.) Affair; concern; matter; -- used in an indefinite sense, and modified by the connected words.
• Businesslike Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) In the manner of one transacting business wisely and by right methods.
• Businesses Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Business