• Butcher Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To kill or slaughter (animals) for food, or for market; as, to butcher hogs.
- (n.) A slaughterer; one who kills in large numbers, or with unusual cruelty; one who causes needless loss of life, as in battle.
- (v. t.) To murder, or kill, especially in an unusually bloody or barbarous manner.
- (n.) One who slaughters animals, or dresses their flesh for market; one whose occupation it is to kill animals for food.
• Butchering Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of slaughtering; the act of killing cruelly and needlessly.
- (n.) The business of a butcher.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Butcher
• Butcherly Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Like a butcher; without compunction; savage; bloody; inhuman; fell.