• Butt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To join at the butt, end, or outward extremity; to terminate; to be bounded; to abut.
- (n.) The common English flounder.
- (v. t.) Alt. of But
- (v. i.) To thrust the head forward; to strike by thrusting the head forward, as an ox or a ram. [See Butt, n.]
- (n.) A large cask or vessel for wine or beer. It contains two hogsheads.
- (v. t.) To strike by thrusting the head against; to strike with the head.
, Butt joint
• Buttercup Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A plant of the genus Ranunculus, or crowfoot, particularly R. bulbosus, with bright yellow flowers; -- called also butterflower, golden cup, and kingcup. It is the cuckoobud of Shakespeare.
• Butterweight Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Over weight.