• Button Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A catch, of various forms and materials, used to fasten together the different parts of dress, by being attached to one part, and passing through a slit, called a buttonhole, in the other; -- used also for ornament.
- (n.) To dress or clothe.
- (n.) A bud; a germ of a plant.
- (v. i.) To be fastened by a button or buttons; as, the coat will not button.
- (n.) A knob; a small ball; a small, roundish mass.
- (n.) A globule of metal remaining on an assay cupel or in a crucible, after fusion.
- (n.) A piece of wood or metal, usually flat and elongated, turning on a nail or screw, to fasten something, as a door.
- (n.) To fasten with a button or buttons; to inclose or make secure with buttons; -- often followed by up.
- () Alt. of evil
, Push button
• Buttonball Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See Buttonwood.