• Buy Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To acquire the ownership of (property) by giving an accepted price or consideration therefor, or by agreeing to do so; to acquire by the payment of a price or value; to purchase; -- opposed to sell.
- (v. t.) To acquire or procure by something given or done in exchange, literally or figuratively; to get, at a cost or sacrifice; to buy pleasure with pain.
- (v. i.) To negotiate or treat about a purchase.
• Buyer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who buys; a purchaser.