• Buzzing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Buzz
• Buzz Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To sound with a "buzz".
- (v. t.) To talk to incessantly or confidentially in a low humming voice.
- (v. t.) To whisper; to communicate, as tales, in an under tone; to spread, as report, by whispers, or secretly.
- (n.) A continuous, humming noise, as of bees; a confused murmur, as of general conversation in low tones, or of a general expression of surprise or approbation.
- (n.) A whisper; a report spread secretly or cautiously.
- (v. t.) To sound forth by buzzing.
- (n.) The audible friction of voice consonants.
- (v. i.) To make a low, continuous, humming or sibilant sound, like that made by bees with their wings. Hence: To utter a murmuring sound; to speak with a low, humming voice.
• Buzzingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a buzzing manner; with a buzzing sound.