• Cabal Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A number of persons united in some close design, usually to promote their private views and interests in church or state by intrigue; a secret association composed of a few designing persons; a junto.
- (n.) A secret.
- (n.) Tradition; occult doctrine. See Cabala
- (n.) The secret artifices or machinations of a few persons united in a close design; intrigue.
- (v. i.) To unite in a small party to promote private views and interests by intrigue; to intrigue; to plot.
• Cabala Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Secret science in general; mystic art; mystery.
- (n.) A kind of occult theosophy or traditional interpretation of the Scriptures among Jewish rabbis and certain mediaeval Christians, which treats of the nature of god and the mystery of human existence. It assumes that every letter, word, number, and accent of Scripture contains a hidden sense; and it teaches the methods of interpretation for ascertaining these occult meanings. The cabalists pretend even to foretell events by this means.