• Cabbaged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p) of Cabbage
• Cabbage Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To form a head like that the cabbage; as, to make lettuce cabbage.
- (n.) Cloth or clippings cabbaged or purloined by one who cuts out garments.
- (n.) An esculent vegetable of many varieties, derived from the wild Brassica oleracea of Europe. The common cabbage has a compact head of leaves. The cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, etc., are sometimes classed as cabbages.
- (v. i.) To purloin or embezzle, as the pieces of cloth remaining after cutting out a garment; to pilfer.
- (n.) The terminal bud of certain palm trees, used, like, cabbage, for food. See Cabbage tree, below.
- (n.) The cabbage palmetto. See below.