• Cabinet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A set of drawers or a cupboard intended to contain articles of value. Hence:
- (n.) A private room in which consultations are held.
- (n.) Any building or room set apart for the safe keeping and exhibition of works of art, etc.; also, the collection itself.
- (n.) The advisory council of the chief executive officer of a nation; a cabinet council.
- (a.) Suitable for a cabinet; small.
- (v. i.) To inclose
- (n.) A hut; a cottage; a small house.
- (n.) A small room, or retired apartment; a closet.
- (n.) A decorative piece of furniture, whether open like an etagere or closed with doors. See Etagere.
• Cabinetwork Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The art or occupation of working upon wooden furniture requiring nice workmanship; also, such furniture.
• Cabinetmaker Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One whose occupation is to make cabinets or other choice articles of household furniture, as tables, bedsteads, bureaus, etc.