• Calash Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A light carriage with low wheels, having a top or hood that can be raised or lowered, seats for inside, a separate seat for the driver, and often a movable front, so that it can be used as either an open or a close carriage.
- (n.) In Canada, a two-wheeled, one-seated vehicle, with a calash top, and the drivers seat elevated in front.
- (n.) A hood or top of a carriage which can be thrown back at pleasure.
- (n.) A hood, formerly worn by ladies, which could be drawn forward or thrown back like the top of a carriage.