• Calculating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Calculate
- (n.) The act or process of making mathematical computations or of estimating results.
- (a.) Given to contrivance or forethought; forecasting; scheming; as, a cool calculating disposition.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to mathematical calculations; performing or able to perform mathematical calculations.
• Calculate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To ascertain or determine by mathematical processes, usually by the ordinary rules of arithmetic; to reckon up; to estimate; to compute.
- (v. i.) To ascertain or predict by mathematical or astrological computations the time, circumstances, or other conditions of; to forecast or compute the character or consequences of; as, to calculate or cast ones nativity.
- (v. i.) To make a calculation; to forecast consequences; to estimate; to compute.
- (v. i.) To adjust for purpose; to adapt by forethought or calculation; to fit or prepare by the adaptation of means to an end; as, to calculate a system of laws for the government and protection of a free people.
- (v. i.) To plan; to expect; to think.