• Calendered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Calender
• Calender Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of a sect or order of fantastically dressed or painted dervishes.
- (n.) One who pursues the business of calendering.
- (n.) To press between rollers for the purpose of making smooth and glossy, or wavy, as woolen and silk stuffs, linens, paper, etc.
- (n.) A machine, used for the purpose of giving cloth, paper, etc., a smooth, even, and glossy or glazed surface, by cold or hot pressure, or for watering them and giving them a wavy appearance. It consists of two or more cylinders revolving nearly in contact, with the necessary apparatus for moving and regulating.