• Calf Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A small island near a larger; as, the Calf of Man.
- (n.) The fleshy hinder part of the leg below the knee.
- (n.) A small mass of ice set free from the submerged part of a glacier or berg, and rising to the surface.
- (n.) Leather made of the skin of the calf; especially, a fine, light-colored leather used in bookbinding; as, to bind books in calf.
- (n.) The young of the cow, or of the Bovine family of quadrupeds. Also, the young of some other mammals, as of the elephant, rhinoceros, hippopotamus, and whale.
- (n.) An awkward or silly boy or young man; any silly person; a dolt.
• Calfskin Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The hide or skin of a calf; or leather made of the skin.