• Calmed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Calm
• Calm Definition & Synonyms
- (super.) Undisturbed by passion or emotion; not agitated or excited; tranquil; quiet in act or speech.
- (n.) To deliver from agitation or excitement; to still or soothe, as the mind or passions.
- (n.) Freedom from motion, agitation, or disturbance; a cessation or absence of that which causes motion or disturbance, as of winds or waves; tranquility; stillness; quiet; serenity.
- (n.) To make calm; to render still or quiet, as elements; as, to calm the winds.
- (super.) Not stormy; without motion, as of winds or waves; still; quiet; serene; undisturbed.