• Camp Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An ancient game of football, played in some parts of England.
- (n.) The company or body of persons encamped, as of soldiers, of surveyors, of lumbermen, etc.
- (v. i.) To pitch or prepare a camp; to encamp; to lodge in a camp; -- often with out.
- (n.) A single hut or shelter; as, a hunters camp.
- (n.) A mound of earth in which potatoes and other vegetables are stored for protection against frost; -- called also burrow and pie.
- (n.) The ground or spot on which tents, huts, etc., are erected for shelter, as for an army or for lumbermen, etc.
- (n.) A collection of tents, huts, etc., for shelter, commonly arranged in an orderly manner.
- (v. t.) To afford rest or lodging for, as an army or travelers.
- (n.) To play the game called camp.
• Campagna Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An open level tract of country; especially "Campagna di Roma." The extensive undulating plain which surrounds Rome.