• Can Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A drinking cup; a vessel for holding liquids.
- () an obs. form of began, imp. & p. p. of Begin, sometimes used in old poetry. [See Gan.]
- (v. t. & i.) To know; to understand.
- (v. t. & i.) To be able to do; to have power or influence.
- (v. t. & i.) To be able; -- followed by an infinitive without to; as, I can go, but do not wish to.
- (n.) A vessel or case of tinned iron or of sheet metal, of various forms, but usually cylindrical; as, a can of tomatoes; an oil can; a milk can.
- (v. t.) To preserve by putting in sealed cans
, Can buoy
• Canal Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tube or duct; as, the alimentary canal; the semicircular canals of the ear.
- (n.) An artificial channel filled with water and designed for navigation, or for irrigating land, etc.
- (n.) A long and relatively narrow arm of the sea, approximately uniform in width; -- used chiefly in proper names; as, Portland Canal; Lynn Canal.
• Canaries Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Canary