• Cand Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Fluor spar. See Kand.
• Can Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A drinking cup; a vessel for holding liquids.
- () an obs. form of began, imp. & p. p. of Begin, sometimes used in old poetry. [See Gan.]
- (v. t. & i.) To know; to understand.
- (v. t. & i.) To be able to do; to have power or influence.
- (v. t. & i.) To be able; -- followed by an infinitive without to; as, I can go, but do not wish to.
- (n.) A vessel or case of tinned iron or of sheet metal, of various forms, but usually cylindrical; as, a can of tomatoes; an oil can; a milk can.
- (v. t.) To preserve by putting in sealed cans
, Can buoy
• Candor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A disposition to treat subjects with fairness; freedom from prejudice or disguise; frankness; sincerity.
- (n.) Whiteness; brightness; (as applied to moral conditions) usullied purity; innocence.
• Candite Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A variety of spinel, of a dark color, found at Candy, in Ceylon.