• Candying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr & vb. n.) of Candy
• Candy Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To incrust with sugar or with candy, or with that which resembles sugar or candy.
- (n.) A weight, at Madras 500 pounds, at Bombay 560 pounds.
- (v. t.) To make sugar crystals of or in; to form into a mass resembling candy; as, to candy sirup.
- (v. i.) To be formed into candy; to solidify in a candylike form or mass.
- (v. i.) To have sugar crystals form in or on; as, fruits preserved in sugar candy after a time.
- (v. t.) A more or less solid article of confectionery made by boiling sugar or molasses to the desired consistency, and than crystallizing, molding, or working in the required shape. It is often flavored or colored, and sometimes contains fruit, nuts, etc.
- (v. t.) To conserve or boil in sugar; as, to candy fruits; to candy ginger.