• Canter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who cants or whines; a beggar.
- (n.) A moderate and easy gallop adapted to pleasure riding.
- (n.) A rapid or easy passing over.
- (n.) One who makes hypocritical pretensions to goodness; one who uses canting language.
- (v. i.) To move in a canter.
- (v. t.) To cause, as a horse, to go at a canter; to ride (a horse) at a canter.
• Canterbury Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A city in England, giving its name various articles. It is the seat of the Archbishop of Canterbury (primate of all England), and contains the shrine of Thomas a Becket, to which pilgrimages were formerly made.
- (n.) A stand with divisions in it for holding music, loose papers, etc.