• Cape Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A piece or point of land, extending beyond the adjacent coast into the sea or a lake; a promontory; a headland.
- (v. i.) To head or point; to keep a course; as, the ship capes southwest by south.
- (v. i.) To gape.
- (n.) A sleeveless garment or part of a garment, hanging from the neck over the back, arms, and shoulders, but not reaching below the hips. See Cloak.
• Capercally Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A species of grouse (Tetrao uragallus) of large size and fine flavor, found in northern Europe and formerly in Scotland; -- called also cock of the woods.
• Caper Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A frolicsome leap or spring; a skip; a jump, as in mirth or dancing; a prank.
- (v. i.) To leap or jump about in a sprightly manner; to cut capers; to skip; to spring; to prance; to dance.
- (n.) A vessel formerly used by the Dutch, privateer.
- (n.) The pungent grayish green flower bud of the European and Oriental caper (Capparis spinosa), much used for pickles.
- (n.) A plant of the genus Capparis; -- called also caper bush, caper tree.