• Captiving Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Captive
• Captive Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To take prisoner; to capture.
- (a.) Subdued by love; charmed; captivated.
- (n.) One charmed or subdued by beaty, excellence, or affection; one who is captivated.
- (n.) A prisoner taken by force or stratagem, esp., by an enemy, in war; one kept in bondage or in the power of another.
- (a.) Made prisoner, especially in war; held in bondage or in confinement.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to bondage or confinement; serving to confine; as, captive chains; captive hours.