• Carp Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To find fault; to cavil; to censure words or actions without reason or ill-naturedly; -- usually followed by at.
- (pl. ) of Carp
- (v. t.) To say; to tell.
- (n.) A fresh-water herbivorous fish (Cyprinus carpio.). Several other species of Cyprinus, Catla, and Carassius are called carp. See Cruclan carp.
- (v. t.) To find fault with; to censure.
- (v. i.) To talk; to speak; to prattle.
• Carpathian Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a range of mountains in Austro-Hungary, called the Carpathians, which partially inclose Hungary on the north, east, and south.
• Carpeted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Carpet