• Carpeted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Carpet
• Carpet Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A smooth soft covering resembling or suggesting a carpet.
- (v. t.) To cover with, or as with, a carpet; to spread with carpets; to furnish with a carpet or carpets.
- (n.) A heavy woven or felted fabric, usually of wool, but also of cotton, hemp, straw, etc.; esp. a floor covering made in breadths to be sewed together and nailed to the floor, as distinguished from a rug or mat; originally, also, a wrought cover for tables.