• Carping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Carp
- (a.) Fault-finding; censorious caviling. See Captious.
• Carp Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To find fault; to cavil; to censure words or actions without reason or ill-naturedly; -- usually followed by at.
- (pl. ) of Carp
- (v. t.) To say; to tell.
- (n.) A fresh-water herbivorous fish (Cyprinus carpio.). Several other species of Cyprinus, Catla, and Carassius are called carp. See Cruclan carp.
- (v. t.) To find fault with; to censure.
- (v. i.) To talk; to speak; to prattle.