• Carve Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A carucate.
- (v. i.) To exercise the trade of a sculptor or carver; to engrave or cut figures.
- (v. i.) To cut up meat; as, to carve for all the guests.
- (v. t.) To take or make, as by cutting; to provide.
- (v. t.) To cut: to hew; to mark as if by cutting.
- (v. t.) To cut into small pieces or slices, as meat at table; to divide for distribution or apportionment; to apportion.
- (v. t.) To lay out; to contrive; to design; to plan.
- (v. t.) To cut.
- (v. t.) To make or shape by cutting, sculpturing, or engraving; to form; as, to carve a name on a tree.
- (v. t.) To cut, as wood, stone, or other material, in an artistic or decorative manner; to sculpture; to engrave.
• Carved Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Carve
• Carvel Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Same as Caravel.
- (n.) A species of jellyfish; sea blubber.