• Caution Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Precept or warning against evil of any kind; exhortation to wariness; advice; injunction.
- (n.) Security; guaranty; bail.
- (v. t.) To give notice of danger to; to warn; to exhort [one] to take heed.
- (n.) A careful attention to the probable effects of an act, in order that failure or harm may be avoided; prudence in regard to danger; provident care; wariness.
- (n.) A pledge, bond, or other security for the performance of an obligation either in or out of judicial proceedings; the promise or contract of one not for himself but another; security.
• Cautionary Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Conveying a caution, or warning to avoid danger; as, cautionary signals.
- (a.) Wary; cautious.
- (a.) Given as a pledge or as security.
• Cautionary block Definition & Synonyms
- () A block in which two or more trains are permitted to travel, under restrictions imposed by a caution card or the like.