• Cell Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any small cavity, or hollow place.
- (n.) A very small and close apartment, as in a prison or in a monastery or convent; the hut of a hermit.
- (n.) Same as Cella.
- (n.) A small religious house attached to a monastery or convent.
- (n.) A jar of vessel, or a division of a compound vessel, for holding the exciting fluid of a battery.
- (n.) The space between the ribs of a vaulted roof.
- (n.) One of the minute elementary structures, of which the greater part of the various tissues and organs of animals and plants are composed.
- (v. t.) To place or inclose in a cell.
• Cellarage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Chare for storage in a cellar.
- (n.) The space or storerooms of a cellar; a cellar.
• Cellepore Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A genus of delicate branching corals, made up of minute cells, belonging to the Bryozoa.