• Cess Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Bound; measure.
- (v. i.) To cease; to neglect.
- (n.) A rate or tax.
- (v. t.) To rate; to tax; to assess.
• Cesser Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) a neglect of a tenant to perform services, or make payment, for two years.
• Cession Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Concession; compliance.
- (n.) The giving up or vacating a benefice by accepting another without a proper dispensation.
- (n.) The voluntary surrender of a persons effects to his creditors to avoid imprisonment.
- (n.) A yielding to physical force.
- (n.) A yielding, or surrender, as of property or rights, to another person; the act of ceding.
• Cessionary Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having surrendered the effects; as, a cessionary bankrupt.