• Chafe Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be worn by rubbing; as, a cable chafes.
- (v. t.) To excite passion or anger in; to fret; to irritate.
- (v. t.) To fret and wear by rubbing; as, to chafe a cable.
- (v. t.) To excite heat in by friction; to rub in order to stimulate and make warm.
- (n.) Heat excited by friction.
- (v. i.) To rub; to come together so as to wear by rubbing; to wear by friction.
- (n.) Injury or wear caused by friction.
- (v. i.) To have a feeling of vexation; to be vexed; to fret; to be irritated.
- (n.) Vexation; irritation of mind; rage.
• Chafed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Chafe