• Chap Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A man or boy; a youth; a fellow.
- (v. t.) To cause to open in slits or chinks; to split; to cause the skin of to crack or become rough.
- (v. i.) To crack or open in slits; as, the earth chaps; the hands chap.
- (n.) A blow; a rap.
- (n.) A cleft, crack, or chink, as in the surface of the earth, or in the skin.
- (v. i.) To strike; to knock; to rap.
- (v. i.) To bargain; to buy.
- (n.) A division; a breach, as in a party.
- (n.) A buyer; a chapman.
- (n.) One of the jaws or cheeks of a vise, etc.
- (v. t.) To strike; to beat.
- (n.) One of the jaws or the fleshy covering of a jaw; -- commonly in the plural, and used of animals, and colloquially of human beings.
• Chaparajos Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) Overalls of sheepskin or leather, usually open at the back, worn, esp. by cowboys, to protect the legs from thorny bushes, as in the chaparral; -- called also chapareras or colloq. chaps.