• Charming Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pleasing the mind or senses in a high degree; delighting; fascinating; attractive.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Charm
• Charm Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A melody; a song.
- (n.) To subdue, control, or summon by incantation or supernatural influence; to affect by magic.
- (n.) That which exerts an irresistible power to please and attract; that which fascinates; any alluring quality.
- (n.) Any small decorative object worn on the person, as a seal, a key, a silver whistle, or the like. Bunches of charms are often worn at the watch chain.
- (n.) To make music upon; to tune.
- (v. i.) To make a musical sound.
- (v. i.) To use magic arts or occult power; to make use of charms.
- (n.) A word or combination of words sung or spoken in the practice of magic; a magical combination of words, characters, etc.; an incantation.
- (n.) To subdue or overcome by some secret power, or by that which gives pleasure; to allay; to soothe.
- (n.) To protect with, or make invulnerable by, spells, charms, or supernatural influences; as, a charmed life.
- (n.) Anything worn for its supposed efficacy to the wearer in averting ill or securing good fortune.
- (n.) To attract irresistibly; to delight exceedingly; to enchant; to fascinate.
- (v. i.) To act as, or produce the effect of, a charm; to please greatly; to be fascinating.